Okay, here is another FABULOUS recipe! This cake is so yummy, it’s beyond words. Maybe even better than Nutella! (Shocking I know!)
The recipe came from my BFF, Kerry. It was introduced to her by her Mother-in-law. When Kerry goes for a visit, she knows at least two Pistachio Cakes are waiting for her! Lucky girl!!
You must make this delicious cake. You will thank me! 🙂
Pistachio Cake (aka Green Cake)
1 box white cake mix
3/4 cup cold water, with a few drops of green food coloring added ( I use 4 drops)
1 tsp. almond extract
1 (3 oz. ) pkg. pistachio instant pudding
3/4 cup oil
6 oz. (half bag) of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease & flour the bottom of a bunt cake pan.
2. Mix white cake mix with dry pudding mix in a large bowl.
3. Add the water,oil, and almond extract to the dry cake mixture. Mix until just combined.
4. Add eggs one at a time at low mixer speed. When ingredients are combined, increase speed of mixer and continue mixing for 2 minutes.
5. Add the mini chocolate chips to batter and gentle fold in by hand.
6. Pour into prepared bunt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool and then drizzle top of cake with icing.
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk (may use more or less depending on how thick or runny you want the icing.)
A splash of almond extract
Mix all together. If you need to thicken icing, add more powdered sugar or vice a versa.