I have been working on my fireplace “backsplash” all week. It’s finally finished! It was pretty easy, inexpensive, sometimes a little frustrating, but the end result, according to my hubby, who was out of town during the whole construction, is “quite impressive!” 🙂
The whole thing cost right around 50 dollars. It would have cost less if I used pine wood. Not too bad for a big impact!
This was an easy project, but I will confess that after I got the frame up, I realized it was off-center. It was level!! But not centered. So I had to take it down and scoot it over. And my walls, I found out, are not straight. They have a bit of a wave in them. So when the vertical boards went up, part of the wood touched the wall and part of the wood did not. And it was the walls, not the boards that are wavy. By the time I finished the project, I went through 3 tubes of caulk. Yes, people, caulk is your friend. It will cure what ails you. Or at least fill in massive gaps on the wall!
Anyway, just wanted to share that part with you as well. Don’t get discouraged if projects don’t turn out right the first time. Unless you knock down a wall, you can fix most anything. You and your friend caulk. One more thing… 😉